It’s understandable to be nervous about selecting a surgeon to do your revision rhinoplasty. If you’ve had a bad experience, it can be hard to trust someone again with such a difficult procedure. Rest assured, there are plenty of compassionate, skilled revision rhinoplasty specialists out there who can produce amazing results and turn a bad outcome into a good one. Your task?Finding the right surgeon for you. You’ll want to be especially cautious when selecting your surgeon because nasal surgery becomes progressively more difficult with each revision procedure. Cartilage often becomes scarce, scar tissue develops, and the nasal structure changes. Aside from all that, it’s expensive and uncomfortable! With this in mind, you’ll want to take your consultations very seriously. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions. Here are some important sample questions to get you started. Remember to come up with your own questions as well to tailor the interview to suit your needs.
- How long have you been performing rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty? How much experience do you have?
- Are you board certified? What are the details of your certification?
- What percentage of your primary rhinoplasty patients requires revision?
- How many rhinoplasties do you perform each year? How many revisions?
- Do you typically use the open or closed technique? Are you comfortable with both?
- What is your success rate for revision rhinoplasty?
- Are my expectations realistic?
- What percentage of your business is revision rhinoplasty?
- What type of anesthetic and surgical facilities do you use?
- Have you worked on cases similar to mine? Can I see before and after photos of these cases?
- What is your personal revision policy?
Consultations give you the opportunity to ask both general and specific questions about your revision rhinoplasty. Use the time wisely to discuss your specific concerns and get a feel for your surgeon’s integrity and expertise.
When you’re ready to start exploring your options, consider setting up a consultation with rhinoplasty specialist Dr. Robert A. Mounsey of Revesse in Toronto. Dr. Mounsey has extensive experience with a wide variety of nose types and takes a unique approach to each case in order to restore a natural appearance. For more information, contact Revesseat 416.438.2499 to schedule your consultation.